The Progressive Christian
1. In one living God, who sent his Son, Jesus Christ that the world might be saved.
2. God revealed himself through the Bible. It alone and completely is God’s Word and is the only inerrant authority for what we believe about God’s plan for our salvation from sin and how we should live.
3. We believe that man was created in the image of God and that he sinned, thereby incurring not only physical death but also spiritual death which is separation from God. This separation has been transmitted to the entire human race, Jesus Christ alone excepted; therefore, everyone is born into the world with a sinful nature.
4. Jesus’ death in our place restores us to God. His atoning sacrifice provides redemption from the power of sin, forgiveness for our guilt, and reconciliation to Himself and others. We become acceptable to God, or justified, not by works, but by God’s grace alone, through faith in Jesus Christ alone. We believe in the holiness of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, death on the cross to provide for our redemption, bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven, present ministry of intercession for us, and His future return to earth in power and glory.
5. God pours out his Spirit and draws us to repentance, belief in the Gospel and trust in the risen Jesus Christ. God's Spirit assures believers of salvation and gives them gifts for servant ministries.
6. Our primary calling is to communicate the Gospel to everyone and nurture disciples. Nothing must divert us from carrying out our Lord’s Great Commission until His glorious return to reign in righteousness.
© Copyright 2016. All rights reserved.